Friday, February 23, 2007

coffee stuff, coffee peeps, coffee coffee coffee...

CoffeeFest is here! No, I mean literally.

In October of 2005 (near the wee beginning of our journey to opening the shop), Miguel and I packed up our bags and flew to Seattle for CoffeeFest (a Specialty Coffee trade show) for the seminars and show floor (and to scope out the Seattle scene and shops). And now it's come to us... the next three days we'll be hanging out at Navy Pier meeting people, learning stuff, watching stuff and volunteering at stuff (Great Lakes Regional Barista Competition).

It looks to be a busy couple of days... Onward ho!

6 comments:

Jason Duncan said...

Great to see that things are going so well for you. We, too, were at CoffeeFEST - should have met up somewhere!

Keep up the great work and enjoy!

..be bold

Steve said...

We will be so caffeinated by the time when this fest is over! : )

Steve said...

Hi Lee,

It is disappointing that we didn’t meet. I recognized Miguel from the Fox News Video, but he was busy volunteering for the barista competition yesterday. I was hoping earlier that I might see you two together today, so I could say hi, but I didn’t. I hope you two had a great time…

Cheers,

Steve

lee said...

Yeah, I'm sorry I missed both you guys! I was there on Friday on my own and then Saturday we were both hanging around but I didn't see either of you to say 'hi'. While Miguel was volunteering up front at the competition I was volunteering as a scorekeeper in the back, so you probably didn't see me, Steve. We were planning on checking out the Intelly party afterwards but our cat actually got pretty sick this week so we came home to take care of him instead of checking out the party. Sounds like it was a blast though. Hope you guys enjoyed the show, and maybe we'll get a chance to meet sometime in the near future!

Steve said...

Did you get to try or exam those sig drinks?

lee said...

As a matter of fact... maybe a couple sips. Very interesting indeed...