Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Woo-hoo! (Finally)

Well, friends, the time has come...

The Coffee Studio finally, officially, has a home!

We are so excited to soon be a part of the wonderful Andersonville neighborhood here in Chicago.

It seems so long ago we started on this journey. In reality, it's been fifteen months... and stacks of books, magazines, a Starbucks job, trade shows, barista jams, a trip to Seattle, online forums, podcasts, SBA/SCORE workshops, months of writing and editing the business plan, scraping pennies together, meetings with bankers, scouring the city for locations, space planning, negotiating leases, waiting by the phone, worrying, dreaming and pulling lots and lots of espresso shots.

It's been a hell of an experience so far, already trying in ways we hadn't anticipated, and I don't expect the future to be any different. But we're definitely learning as we go, and it's pretty damn exciting.

Thanks so much for all your support!

[Click here for the next chronological post (or click "newer post" below). Or just go here, if you want to skip to the most recent posts!]

2 comments:

Yu said...

I visited the Coffee Studio during the Andersonville Dessert Crawl, and found this blog later. (We chatted a little about how awesome the Ethiopian Y was--if you remember.) This series about how you started the business was really interesting and informative--not that I have any plan to open a coffee house, but it was fascinating to peek behind the curtain, so to speak. Thanks for that, and after trying that Ethiopian coffee and seeing the beautiful space, I must say my partner and I are very, very much looking forward to the opening!

Best of luck,
Yu

chaty said...

I wanted to say Hi to my little brother and to my favorite sister in law on their great business adventure. I wish them the best of luck on their grand opening.

xoxoxox to both of you.
chaty y alejandro